1 large sweet potato
1 400g tin black beans (kidney may be substituted)
50g cheddar cheese, grated
3 spring onions
1⁄2 cup baby spinach
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp ground paprika or chilli powder if you like it spicy
6 small tortillas
1⁄2 avocado, peeled and chopped into rough cubes
1 lime (zest and juice)
Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan assisted and roast the sweet potato whole until
tender, approximately 35 minutes.
2. Once the potato is cool enough to handle scoop out the flesh and mash roughly in a
large bowl. Discard the skin or eat as a snack.
3. Snip (using kitchen scissors) or slice the spring onions into small rounds before gently
frying in the coconut oil on the hob until tender but not brown. Wipe the frying pan clean
and leave to one side for now.
4. Add the spring onions to the sweet potato bowl and mix in the beans, cheese, spinach,
5. Finely chop the stalks of the parsley bunch and add them to the sweet potato mixture.
Thoroughly mix together.
6. To assemble, lay one tortilla flat before spreading with 1⁄3 of the sweet potato mixture,
leaving a 2cm rim around the edge, before topping with a second tortilla. Push down
gently to cement together.
7. Transfer to the frying pan you used to fry the spring onions. On a medium to high heat
dry fry the tortilla for 3-5 minutes a side until golden brown in places.
8. Repeat the process until all the sweet potato mixture and tortillas are gone.
9. To make the guacamole mash the avocado with the juice and zest of 1⁄2 the lime before
mixing in some roughly chopped parsley leaves.