1. Empty the chickpeas into a sieve, wash and drain. Place the chickpeas, tahini (or
peanut butter), extra virgin olive oil, beetroot and lemon juice into a food processor.
2. Blitz together until well combined and creamy looking. If the mixture looks too dry add a splash of water and pulse to combine until you reach your desired texture. Smooth or chunky, it’s up to you.
3. Serve the hummus with a selection of brightly coloured vegetables such as cherry
tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber sticks and bell pepper slices.
4. Any leftovers can be decanted into a small tub and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days but cover the surface of the hummus with oil to prevent mould growth.
Pink hummus and vegetables
2x 400g tins of chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini (or smooth peanut butter)
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cooked and peeled beetroot (from fresh or a vacuum packet) chopped into rough chunks
A squeeze of lemon juice
Splash of water
Selection of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber sticks and bell pepper slices
1. In a food processor blitz together 250g of the yoghurt and 3 tbsp of berries. Set to one
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread the remaining plain yoghurt over
in a ‘puddle’ design
3. Add the berry and yoghurt mixture to the plain yoghurt on the baking tray and gently,
using a knife or chopstick, swirl the two yoghurts together to create a marble effect. Try
not to over mix or the whole thing will turn pink. You’re looking to keep a contrast
between the two colours.
4. When you’re happy with your marble design sprinkle over the remaining berries and
cacao nibs if using.
5. Place in the freezer for approx 3-4 hours or until completely solid.
6. Once frozen break the yogurt into ‘bark’ shards and store in an airtight container in the
freezer for up to 3 months.
1. Thread the fruit on to the kebab skewers at random to create a colourful pattern -
children are great at doing this.
2. Once assembled squeeze over the juice of the lime and drizzle the honey evenly over
all four skewers.
3. If you’re not serving immediately do not add the lime and honey, simple store in the
fridge for later (up to overnight) and dress immediately before eating.
1. Add all the ingredients except the coconut to a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds.
2. Add a splash of milk to loosen the mixture if needed - you may also need to scrape
down the sides of the food processor to ensure all the mixture is evenly combined.
3. Blitz for another minute or two until the banana resembles soft serve ice cream.
4. Serve immediately sprinkled with the coconut.
Note: any leftover nice-cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for future
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Wash the strawberries before cutting them in half lengthways.
3. Holding the strawberry by the stalk dip the halves into the yoghurt, coating up to halfway,
before laying on a baking tray. Repeat until all the strawberries are coated before
sprinkling the whole tray very lightly with a dusting of cinnamon - only a small quantity
is needed, a little goes a long way.
4. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until the fruit and yoghurt are completely frozen
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Frozen strawberry bombs
Small punnet of strawberries
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
◇ Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan (except the coconut powder)
◇ Place it on low heat and mix repeatedly. Once it starts boiling the custard should become creamy thick.
◇ If the mix doesn't get creamy when boiling you should add two extra tbsps of custard mixed with cold water to the boiling pan and mix repeatedly
◇ In a serving bowl place, the biscuits at the bottom (faced down, so they don't flow to the surface) then pour some custard over it. Repeat for a second layer.
◇ Leave to cool and then sprinkle the coconut powder on top.
PS: always read the instructions on the custard box as they may differ.
◇ 6 tsps of powdered custard mix.
◇ 4 cups of cold milk.
◇ 6 tsps of sugar.
◇ Coconut powder.
◇ Preheat your oven at 165°C
and spray your loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
◇ In a bowl using a fork mash the bananas until smooth. (It's ok to have some lumps)
◇ In a large bowl whisk the oil and honey together until well mixed.Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
◇ Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to
◇ Stir in the flour, and use a big spoon to combine everything together. just until Some lumps are ok.
◇ Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with
◇ Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the
center comes out clean.
◇ When the baking is done leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Then leave to completely cool before cutting it.
◇ 1/3 cup of canole oil.
◇ 1/2 cup of honey.
◇ 2 eggs.
◇ 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
◇ 1/4 cup of milk.
◇ 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
◇ 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
◇ 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
◇ 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
◇ 1 and 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour.