500g chicken thigh fillets cut into 2cm pieces
1-litre chicken stock
1 small brown onion
1 large leek or fennel bulb
1 large carrot
1 swede or sweet potato (peeled)
1 tbsp tomato purée
1⁄2 cup of quinoa (rinsed and drained)
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs (or a mixture of rosemary and thyme works well)
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
1. Chop the vegetables to roughly 2cm chunks and add to the slow cooker insert before
mixing in the tomato purée and dried herbs.
2. Add the chicken and give the mixture a quick stir to combine before adding the stock.
3. Cook on low for 7 hours or 31⁄2 on high.
4. After this time is up chop the stalks of the parsley and add to the slow cooker with the
quinoa and stir to combine.
5. Leave to cook for a further 30 minutes on high. You’ll know it’s ready when the quinoa
has puffed out into spiralled grains, a little like tadpoles.
6. Season to taste before decanting into bowls and topping with chopped parsley leaves.