6/7 eggs (depending on how big yours are. I use six large typically)
Pinch of dried herbs (parsley, thyme and rosemary work well)
1⁄4 cup of leftover cooked vegetables
1⁄2 cup baby spinach
25g cheddar cheese (grated)
Butter or oil for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan assisted
2. Grease a 6 tin muffin tray with butter or oil
3. Evenly distribute the spinach then vegetables between the muffin holes
4. Beat the eggs together with the spices before pouring over the vegetables in the tin.
5. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese before popping in the oven,
6. Leave to cook for approximately 10 minutes (keep checking as they may need longer
depending on how hot your oven runs). When they are done the muffins will be
browned on top and no hint of a wobble when you move the tray. If they wobble they
aren’t cooked all the way through so you’ll need to put them back in for a while – it’s not
like brownies where a wobble is encouraged.
7. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tray before storing in an
airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.