500g turkey mince
3 spring onions
1 tsp dried thyme (or rosemary will work)
20g (approx.) cheddar cheese - cut into 4 cubes
2 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan assisted. Cut the sweet potato into wedges,
spread on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with the smoked
paprika and put in the oven for 35-40 minutes, checking and turning half way through
ensure they cook evenly.
2. After 25 minutes begin to prepare the burgers: chop the spring onions into small discs
using kitchen scissors or a knife and add to a large bowl.
3. Add the turkey mince, thyme (or rosemary if using) and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
before mushing the mixture together with your hands until well combined.
4. Split the mixture into 8 patties and place a cube of cheese in the centre of 4 of these
5. Place the four patties without cheese cubes on top of the patties that do have a cheese
cube, creating a ‘lid’. Press around the edges to seal the two halves together. It is
important these are sealed properly otherwise the cheese will leak out during cooking.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 5/6 minutes on one
side before turning and cooking for another 5 minutes on the other side. Make sure
the turkey is brown on the outside and cooked throughout before serving. If they need
a couple of extra minutes simply turn the heat down to avoid burning and cook until the
meat is done throughout.
7. Serve the burgers immediately with the sweet potato wedges.